PUBLIC INQUIRY ON IMPLEMENTATION OF CHERISHED NUMBER FRAMEWORK
- Feedback sought on MCMC’s Cherished Number Framework
- Submission of feedback by 30 January 2020 (12:00 noon, Thursday)
MCMC is keen to realise the value of certain numbering assignments which may be considered as special, easily recognisable or memorable or lucky by end-users. These numbers are known as “Cherished Numbers”.
Several countries across the world have established methods of realising the economic value of Cherished Numbers. This allows Cherished Numbers to be efficiently assigned. The development of Cherished Number Framework would also lead to a structured approach in assigning numbers which generate demand from service providers and general public.
In this regard, this Public Inquiry intends to seek views from the industry, interested parties and members of the public on the proposals of implementation of Cherished Number Framework in Malaysia. MCMC expected to yield feedback from industry experts, public and interested parties on recommendations as follows:
1. Type of number where cherished numbers would be applicable;
2. Principles of Cherished Numbers; and
3. Cherished Number Assignment Mechanism.